Golden Apple Children's House
4620 Coventry Dr., Richmond
(604) 369 - 5018
We believe that:
- Children have diverse abilities and are entitled to opportunities that support their emotional, physical, social, intellectual, language growth and development in healthy, safe environment.
- Each child is special and unique. All children should be treated equally and individually, every child’s social and cultural background is respected and accepted.
Children are competent to develop self discipline, self directed learning, responsibility, cooperation and problem-solving skill by being guided with positive discipline and positive reinforcement is an effective tool in guiding children through their play.
- Staff members understand that caring is the core of early childhood education. Staff members build trust, express warmth, communicate and support children.
- Staff members keep the information about the children, family and colleges in confidential; pursue continuing knowledge skills; need to be professional competence.
- Staff members work in partnership with families to ensure the best outcomes for children and to support families in meeting their responsibilities to their children.
- Staff members are entitled to work in an environment which is free from discrimination and harassment, which supports the dignity and self esteem of all employees.
- Parents have the primary responsibility for the care and education of their children. They are entitled to know the operation of the childcare program with the legal framework.
- Families are entitled to be involved in and informed of the daily life of the center as an integral part of their childrearing experience.
We encourage and support children’s natural curiosity and learning by having programs which:
1. Reflects the interest of children;
2. Provides children with a safe, healthy and nurturing environment
3. Provides a variety of age appropriate material, opportunities and activities;
4. Adapts activities to meet the child’s developmental abilities based on the child’s appropriate goals and learning needs; 5. Encourage and promote success and independence of each child; and
6. Provide English language environment.
Snack / Meal Area
Nap / Quiet Room
Reading Room / Library
Onsite Outdoor Play Area/Playground
Close To Schools (Grauer Elementary School)
School District(s) / Communities Served: 38
In Business Since: 2012
Curriculum Type: Developmental, Interactive, Special Education, Montessori
Care Offered: Full Time, Part Time, Drop In
Subsidized Spaces Available: Yes
Integrated Special Needs: No
Toilet Training Required: No
Up-to-date Immunizations Required: Yes
Teacher to Student Ratio: Infant/toddler 1:4
Languages Spoken by Staff: English, Mandrine
Staff Qualifications: Infant/toddler Licensed and ECE
Staff have up-to-date CPR and/or First Aid: Yes
Meals and/or Snacks Provided: Free healthy Breakfast, Lunch, and Afternoon snack
Golden Apple Children's House at
(604) 241 - 1115 to discuss your family's childcare needs
Let them know that you found them on the Canada Child Care Directory!
Back to Richmond page Back to Homepage